Friday, November 13, 2009

So I have turned 28

So I have turned 28.

What is the difference between the 28-years-old me and that one a year ago? The most significant one is my health condition: This time last year I was living in agony with the raging symptoms of eczema. About 70%-80% of my skin was seriously affected by rashes and boils. My face was swollen, serum dripped off the ears. I had to took heavy dosage of steroids to suppress the inflammations. My body was so weak that I was invaded by Herpes Zoster at the same time too. Whenever I had to use steroids, I was invariably hit by the so-call "snake". The idea to kill myself did flashed through my mind more than once. I have no idea why it stopped developing further into an unevadable force but obviously I did not have the courage to make a stand at that time though.

In fact, it is not until recently has this situation been under control to some extent. Having tried the therapies for more than a dozen of Chinese Medicine practitioners, yet to no avail or with insignificant progress, I came to meet an acupuncturist introduced by my dear Agatha. Amazingly the years-long pain started to relieve after about a month of endeavor. I could feel that the filth inside my body was being cleansed, the skins and hair grew back. Aided by regular exercises and herbal prescriptions, my body recovers bit by bit to a state that I feel alive for the first time ever since 10 years ago. This substantial change enables me to pursue other goals in life, which are entirely unthinkable in the old days. What I need to do now is to maintain a healthy lifestyle, keep up the pace in the unforgiving world, and try to hold a hope with at least the minimum faith that my life could be better than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment